Monday, March 19, 2012

What’s the Best Way to Lose Weight Safely?



It's been three weeks now since I started my stay-at-home project. And as I continue to earn money, my weight also continue to grow. The last time I checked - which was only yesterday - I gained a whooping 6 lbs. Since my worst fear is to gain back the 30 lbs. I lost last year, I decided to re-think my eating habits and get back to the basics. So I decided to write an educational post on how to lose weight safely. I hope this will be beneficial for you and me.

If you’ve been trying to get rid of your extra poundage for quite a while now, then you probably already know that there is no fool-proof and absolutely guaranteed way to ensure effective weight management. While people who’s experienced any kind of success in losing weight—whether it be through a particular diet or exercise regimen, will give you all the reasons why their particular weight loss method works best. Remember that weight loss is a very personal matter, and what works for one person will not guarantee that it will likewise work for you.

Going back to the question though. What is the best way to lose weight? And to do it safely? Here are a few things you might want to consider:


Re-evaluate Your Eating Habits
Keeping an eye on your food intake does not require you to deprive yourself of food. Not by a long shot. Never lose sight of the fact that one of the most effective ways you can lose weight is if you gain control of your food, and not let it be the other way around. Take a long, hard look at what your triggers are that enable you to chow down on food that you don’t really want or need, and then later find a way to address and avoid them. By doing so, you also rid yourself of the consequences that come with them.


Get a Move On
After you’ve taken a good, hard look at your eating habits, and have taken a step towards making an improvement, the next thing you might want to look at is developing an exercise plan of sorts. It doesn’t have to be a big one, like going to the gym and such. The fact of the matter is that exercise and diet are the perfect combination if you want to achieve effective weight loss. While one without the other will get you results, if you’re committed to being healthy, then might as well do it the right way. Start small—don’t take the elevator, take the stairs; walk your pooch ‘round the neighborhood; go hiking, and so on. The goal is to up your cardio, which in turn will boost your metabolism, and later on allow you to get rid of the extra and unwanted poundage.


The Long and Short of Things
Never forget that slow and steady works. While there are any number of workout plans and diets that guarantee results almost at the speed of light, you should be thinking of the long term effects as well. What’s the sense in dropping 5, maybe 10lbs. in a week, when you’re going to gain about 20lbs a month or so later? Never mind the quick-fixes that will give you short-tem results. Instead try to find something that will not only enable you to get in shape, but have a more long-term and positive effect on your overall health.

I hope you find this post useful the way I did. Anway, I use Livestrong to record my daily caloric intake. It helped me lose weight before. And I'm confident that it will help me again. Oh, look at the time. Off to a crazy dancing routine for now..:)

4 comments:

  1. Nice article.. Keep it up, Madz! I'm sooooo proud of you, gaL! :*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you commented on my blog because I found your blog and I know this will definitely help! :) Thanks and good job with the 30 lb loss! I'm wishing for that too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And it's no easy task.. LOL.. But once you've put your mind into it, everything follows.. goodluck.. i'm sure you can do that to..:)

    ReplyDelete