Monday, January 23, 2012

2012's Rants and Raves Overload




I was busy blogging the other day when I remember the "Rants and Raves" post that I did in my former blog. As I was reading it, I've realized that it's already been a year since then. So much has changed. So many things have happened. So many lessons I've learned. All for the best, though. Anyway, clip notes version, my new "Rants and Raves" post is a lot different from the last. So here it goes....


Rants


1. Procrastination
Why am I ranting about procrastination? I am so guilty of being a chronic procrastinator, that's why! And I totally hate myself for that. It's only until recently that I started doing something about it. Though, I'm already seeing improvements, I still have a long way to go.

2. SOPA and PIPA
"F*CK SOPA, F*CK PIPA!" Who, in the world, wouldn't rant about it? Okay, let me rephrase that. Who, among the internet users, wouldn't rant about it? If those abominable bills will be passed into law, we may as well say goodbye to free knowledge. This means there'll be no Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and a whole lot social media sites. What's worse? You can no longer download or copy any content from sites which have intellectual property rights on it. Unless you want a lawsuit right at your doorstep.

3. Financial Problem
Actually, I shouldn't rant about this since it's my fault why we're having financial problems at the moment. Lazy ass, anyone? Oh well, moving on.....

4. Graft and Corruption
Wait, I think I spelled "government" wrong. Hahah. The local government is so f*cked up, corruption is everywhere - from the barangay officials up to the house of senate. And who knows what the President is really doing behind his desk? Now, don't let me get started on the police enforcement.

5. Destruction of Mother Nature
I may not be a passionate environmentalist but I am an advocate of mother nature. And I simply cannot stand its destruction. Look what it brought upon us in retaliation? Thousands of death due to flash floods. Unnecessary loss of life and desolation of properties. Completely disturbing.=(


I have so many things to blab about but I don't want to come off as whiny so enough with the Rants, let's move on to the.....


Raves


1. Blogging
I just ♥ blogging! Not only am I able to express myself freely, I am also able to reach a humongous market base - the internet. The possibilities that blogging can offer are just plain awesome. Granted, that Blogger won't shut your blog down. Eeep!

2. Damon Salvatore
I used to root for Harry Potter, but then I grew up and met a ridiculously gorgeous BAMF -Damon Salvatore. For me, he's the hottest vampire that ever graced the television screen<<---insert drool here--->>. Those magnetic piercing eyes, so notorious for eye-sexing. And that devilish grin, so hot! Loves him. *sigh* Marry me, Damon!♥

3. Internet Marketing
Seriously, what's not to rave about internet marketing? The results are tremendous. The opportunities are endless. It's like a vast pool of possibilities waiting to be tapped. It's practically overwhelming. Though I'm getting little to no support from everyone I know, I'm confident as hell that I can do this!

4. The Future
Each day, I wake up looking forward to what the future has to offer, of what is in store for me. I may live in the present but I definitely strive for the future. And by the looks of where I am heading to and the rate that I am going, it looks very bright.

5. Losing Weight
The last but not the least in my list. Last year, I raved about having a healthy lifestyle, about being a vegetarian. Turned out, I can't really eliminate meat in my eating habits. I mean, who am I kidding? I love meat! Hahah. Anyway, the healthy lifestyle did pay off. I've lost 40lbs. of weight since then. Though I've already entered the threshold of normal weight, I still need to burn 5-7lbs to achieve my ideal weight. And I'm giving myself two months to completely shed it off.


Life is indeed full of blahs and whatevers, nonstop whining and plaintive cries. But as long as you know how to handle it, everything follows; what the hell, right? Just let it out and enjoy life! So how about you? What are your Rants and Raves? =)



No comments:

Post a Comment